The Data API allows users to search through Planet’s imagery archive and access image data and download images in one or more formats, according to a user's plan. The endpoint is here: https://api.planet.com/data/v1/. Below is a reference guide for the Data API.
- API Mechanics: Overview of core functionality in the Data API, such as pagination and authentication.
- Item Type: An item type is used to model imagery data sharing schemas and capabilities. An item represents a single logical image.
- Asset: An asset represents a data file available for download.
- Search: The Search endpoint enables advanced search capabilities, allowing for the creation and management of structured search objects across items.
- Common Workflows: Examples and instructions on using the Data API to accomplish common tasks such as filtering, activating, and downloading items or assets.
- Changelog: Changes to the Planet Data API.