Planet Announces Powerful New Products at Planet Explore 2020
Today marked the start of our second annual conference and we were thrilled to virtually host almost 6,000 attendees from over 140 countries, representing 16 verticals and markets.
Planet CEO and co-founder Will Marshall kicked off the day by recapping highlights and announcements since last year’s conference, including beating our aggressive business targets, launching new capabilities with our 8-band SuperDoves and 50cm, Rapid Revisit SkySats, and expanding our integrations with Esri.
“To be able to make an impact customers need the best information quickly and in a form they can work with,” said Marshall. “Today’s product announcements are aimed at helping more customers get the insights they need from our data.”
Today during Explore 2020, Planet announced the following products and services:
- Planet Fusion Monitoring is Planet’s first in a series of game-changing Fusion products that combine multiple data types and refine them into a single information stream. Fusion Monitoring combines Planet’s high-frequency, daily data with additional datasets to provide an uninterrupted stream of consistent measurements that’s free of gaps and clouds and ideal for time-series analysis. No commercial Earth observation company has ever before offered data with such consistency, accuracy, and scale.
- Rapid Revisit, 50cm SkySat is now live and available to customers. Rapid Revisit delivers the highest intraday revisit capability of any high-resolution, commercial imagery provider. This capability is accessible through the automated Tasking Dashboard that allows customers to quickly, simply, and directly submit, modify, and cancel tasking orders.
- Automated Change Detection allows customers to efficiently locate where change has occurred in roads or buildings across the globe. This will help focus where our users spend their time, and enables tip and cue workflows for customers of all types.
- With Custom Model Development, customers can work with Planet’s professional services team to quickly define their own land classification models that are completely bespoke to their needs and can be deployed at-scale as a Planet Analytic Feed.
- A direct integration with Google Earth Engine (GEE) makes it easy for a single user to analyze geospatial datasets and run them at a global scale. This integration allows Planet customers to order Planet imagery directly to their GEE accounts using familiar Planet APIs & GUIs at no additional cost.
Fusion Monitoring combines Planet’s high-frequency, daily data with other datasets, such as Copernicus’s Sentinel data, MODIS, Landsat and VIIRS, to provide a complete, gap-free imagery product for time-series analysis
“The ways in which our users build upon our data to create innovative solutions is what fuels us to keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible,” said Martin Van Rysywk, Planet’s SVP of Product during the Product Keynote, where the team showcased how each product is designed to maximize the impact of our customers and partners.
We’re continually motivated by the work of our customers and eager to provide them with the tools they need to derive even more value from our data. We heard about a few such inspiring use cases today, including our recent partnership with Norway’s International Climate and Forests Initiative (NICFI) that will revolutionize global forest monitoring to stop deforestation, our continued work with our long-standing partner Corteva to help farmers increase yields and manage risk, and the California Forest Observatory that uses Planet data to change how we understand, plan for, and respond to wildfires in California.
Day one of the three day conference kicked off with big product news, and in the afternoon we will continue the momentum with helpful and insightful breakout sessions from Planet experts, customers and partners. Stay tuned to be inspired by three thought-leading keynote speakers, including former Vice President Al Gore, Esri CEO Jack Dangermond, and astronaut Chris Hadfield.
We look forward to sharing even more great content with you tomorrow in our breakout sessions, and don’t miss engaging keynotes from Planet CSO and co-founder Robbie Schingler, Dr, Stacey Dixon, Dr. Jane Goodall, Michael Bloomberg, and Kenneth Roth.
To participate in Explore 2020 and get access to all the keynotes and session content, please register at planetexplore2020.com. To learn more about how Planet can help you transform your business, please contact us.